Share with Friends
Last Updated on: July 11, 2021 by Joseph Muriithi
If you’ve been looking for ways to increase support for a cause that’s near and dear to your heart, starting your very own nonprofit is one strategy for taking action in a meaningful way! But you might have endless questions about securing funding, establishing tax-exempt status, and more. We’ve curated these tips to help anyone get their own nonprofit off the ground!
Build Your Nonprofit
You’ve identified a cause you’re passionate about – but how do you get your nonprofit up and running? These resources will guide you through the process.
- Draft a business plan for your nonprofit and decide how you’ll handle operations.
- Make sure that you meet all of the necessary qualifications to earn tax-exempt status.
- Recruit trusted people in your community to serve on your board of directors.
You’ll want to host fun community events to raise awareness of important causes and fund-raise for your nonprofit. Get inspired with these ideas!
- Help your community get active cause by running a 5K and allowing runners to get sponsors for fundraising.
- Want to bring your community together for a night of fancy fun? Host a fundraising gala!
- Do you have a sweet tooth? Maybe it’s time to host a bake sale. Or, work with a local restaurant to raise money for your organization.
Managing and starting your own nonprofit is a lot of work, but the information in these guides will help you with every aspect of management duties!
- Familiarize yourself with the annual reporting requirements for nonprofits and prioritize compliance.
- Will you be taking on regular volunteers? Come up with a solid training and management system.
- Do you need to bring in more money to expand your operations? Apply for relevant grants.
- You may also benefit from going back to school for an MBA to help give you a better idea of business management and best practices.
When you run a nonprofit, you wear many hats. You’ll need to stay on top of everything from volunteer training to event planning to tax compliance. With these resources, you’ll be prepared to tackle every item on your nonprofit to-do list!
Need extra help from a business angle? Connect with Idea to Plan. Our experienced business plan consultants will help you determine the best path forward for your nonprofit organization. Reach out to us today!
Need a Business Plan Written for Your Start-up or Business Idea?
Idea to Plan can help you create a business plan that will meet all your Business, Bank or Investor requirements. Contact us today by booking a free consultation below.